TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read and understand the following terms and conditions as they are binding for all ticket and product purchases from Edinburgh Yarn Company Ltd. The terms "you", "your", "visitor" and "ticket-holder" refer to any person who has been issued with a ticket for Edinburgh Yarn Festival 2018, whether through purchase or as a promotional prize. The term "Class" refers to a 3-hour class only. The term "the organiser" refers to Edinburgh Yarn Company Ltd. The term "the venue" refers to the Edinburgh Corn Exchange, the Water of Leith Centre, or The Risk Factory.
Buying and Attending a Class
1. CLASS PURCHASE AND PAYMENT
- All Classes must be paid for in full at time of purchase.
- Classes must be booked in the name of the student attending
- We regret that it is not possible to make reservations.
- All Classes are offered subject to availability.
- Places are limited for each Class.
- Tickets are not transferable unless arranged through the organiser, see (6).
- A third-party system to administer bookings is used.
2. TICKET FORMAT
- Tickets are issued in the form of email tickets.
- A printout of an email ticket, showing the unique booking code, is required for entry to the Classes and the Event.
- One email ticket will be issued per purchase transaction, and may contain one or more Class bookings. Please make separate purchase transactions if buying Classes in more than one name, or make sure to arrive at the venue as one party. We cannot hold and distribute wristbands for attendees without valid unique email ticket confirmation.
- If you attend a Class at the The Water of Leith Centre or The Risk Factory BEFORE coming to the Marketplace, when checking in for your Class at these locations you will be issued with a wristband allowing access to the Marketplace.
3. EMAIL UPDATES
- Please note that the contact email address used when buying your Class will be added to our mailing list and used to update you on any potential changes affecting the Class(es) you purchased. It is vital that you use an email address which you check regularly.
- Using this email address, we will also update you on important information about your arrival at the Class venue and check-in details, closer to the event.
4. CLASS-LINKED FESTIVAL ADMISSION
- The standard benefit of 9am one-day festival admission as part of a class ticket is linked to the same day, unless a class is purchased for Sunday or Wednesday in which case the desired day for festival admission can be freely chosen at the time of class purchase.
- The same-day festival admission benefit of buying a class is not cumulative i.e. buying 2 classes for the same day will provide marketplace access for the same day only.
- The option for additional 9am marketplace access is linked to a particular class purchase and will only be available at the time of class purchase, not at a later date or independently. Standalone general festival admission tickets (10am entry) will be available in early 2018 at full price (£15/per day).
- Additional festival admission purchased with a class will be linked to the class and student only and cannot be separated from the class, transferred, or refunded separately.
- Class students will receive one wristband with a specific colour code to match their specific access to the festival marketplace. A festival admission ticket cannot be shared with a third party.
5. CANCELLING A CLASS/REFUNDS
- Class tickets (with or without additional festival admission) can be refunded until 15 January 2018. Refunds must be requested through this form.
- The class-linked admission to the marketplace will also be voided at point of refund.
- An administration fee of £25 per class will be deducted from the refund.
- No refunds will be processed after 15 January 2018.
- The availability of general admission tickets for purchase (on sale early 2018) cannot be guaranteed at the point of refund.
- Payments made by credit card through PayPal can only be refunded back to the credit card if the refund is requested less than 60 days after payment. Beyond that time period, we only offer a bank transfer (UK only) or cheque by post (outside UK) (additional fees may apply).
- If Edinburgh Yarn Company Ltd. needs to cancel a Class due to unforeseen circumstances, we may offer a substitute class, or a full refund within 14 days of cancellation.
- Edinburgh Yarn Company Ltd. will not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred by the Student (e.g for travel or accommodation) if a class is cancelled.
6. TRANSFERS AND UNUSED CLASS TICKETS
- Class tickets can only be transferred as a whole, i.e. including associated or additionally-purchased admission, to a nominated party until 1 Feb 2018. Transfers must be requested through this form.
- No separation of class and associated festival admission is possible.
- An administration fee of £25 applies to all transfers.
- Failing to register a transfer invalidates access to the Class as the ticket MUST be in the name of the attendee.
- There is no facility at the Edinburgh Yarn Festival venue/s to process ticket returns or transfers and we cannot be responsible for individual circumstances: Class spaces not able to be taken up on the day cannot be resold or passed on. See CANCELLING A CLASS/REFUNDS above.
7. MAILING LIST FOR RETURNED CLASS TICKETS
- We maintain a Mailing List for Returned Class Tickets. Customers who subscribe to the list will be notified periodically by email newsletter of Class spaces which can still be bought. This will include some returned tickets (before 15 Jan 2018, see CANCELLING A BOOKING/REFUNDS above).
- Purchase of a returned Class place is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We regret that we cannot offer newly-available Class spaces in order of time of subscription to the Mailing List for Returned Class Tickets.
- If spaces are not sold within 3 days of the email sent to everybody on the Mailing List for Returned Class Tickets, we will publish available spaces through our general event newsletter.
- We do not have a waiting list facility for individual Classes.
- We use 3 different locations for our workshops:
• The Corn Exchange (the main venue with the market place)
• The Risk Factory: Located "behind" the Corn Exchange as the crow flies. It's an easy 5 minute walk.
• The Water of Leith Centre: An easy 10 minute walk, but also accessible directly by public transport from the city centre.
- Recording of photo/video/audio footage within classes is not permitted.
- All our classrooms are accessible. The Water of Leith Centre and the Risk Factory are modern buildings and have been designed with that aspect in mind. The Corn Exchange is a listed historic building and as such has been upgraded in retrospect. We use the entire building and depending on which part you would like to be in, you might need to use two separate entrances. We will provide a map showing the entrances nearer the time.
- If you have any specific concerns about access, please do get in touch via email (info AT edinyarnfest DOT com).
- We regret that none of our Classes is suitable for children. No children of any age can be admitted to Classes under any circumstances.
- Animals are not permitted in any of our venues with the exception of guide dogs. Please contact us in advance if you plan to attend a Class with a guide dog.
- All class prices include VAT at 20%.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you purchase a ticket.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, or survey.
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website based on the information and feedback we received from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to respond more effectively to your customer service requests and support needs)
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
- The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information.
Ticket purchases are made through Ticket Tailor. Please refer to Ticket Tailor's Terms & Conditions here.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website or conducting our business, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links