Many people say Tunisian crochet is the perfect combination between knitting and crochet and it definitely has a bit a both. This technique allows you to get a knit-like looking fabric with the ease of crochet using one of a kind stitches. From lacy shawls to cosy chunky blankets, tunisian crochet will open a new world of possibilities.
Skills focus: - The different types of fabric you can get with Tunisian crochet
- What tools to use depending on the type of project
- How to start your Tunisian project with a foundation row
- Four beautiful Tunisian stitches and the basics to tackle any other stitch
- How to combine regular crochet with Tunisian crochet.
Skills needed: The only skill necessary to take this class is knowing how to work a regular crochet chain.
Materials to bring: - DK yarn in one or two colours.
- 6mm Tunisian crochet hook, min. 20cm long. If you don't have a tunisian hook I recommend the ones with extension as they allow for different types of projects, however any type of tunisian hook will do for the purpose of this class.
- 5mm regular hook.
- This class is sold out. We have a general waiting list which you can join: we'll email you whenever any places open up in a previously-full class. You only need to sign up once. JOIN WAITING LIST