Working with charts and fair isle designs is not only for knitters! In this workshop you will learn how to create beautiful crochet colourwork designs of your choice that you can apply in many different projects such as hats, bags, mitts and much more. We will create a small project during the class that will teach you all you need to know to start working all those colourwork patterns you have been eyeing for a while.
Skills focus: - Learn the difference between stranded colourwork and tapestry crochet as well as tips on when to use each.
- How to change colours when working a row/round.
- How to make your chart translate well into your crochet fabric.
- How to work tapestry crochet in the round and how to avoid tangling yarns.
Skills needed: - How to work and join a crochet chain
- How to work UK double crochet/US single crochet
Materials to bring: - DK non-splitty yarn of your choice in two colours
- 2.5mm and 3.00mm hook (a type that is comfortable for your hands and wrists)*
- Stitch markers
*If you have pain in your wrists or hands when crocheting please be aware that the tapestry crochet technique taught in this workshop uses a small hook for the weight of yarn used. This is to obtain a nice fabric to be used in projects such as bags and purses. You are welcome to use a larger hook than the one recommended if you wish, just know that the resulting fabric won't be as dense and stiff.
- This class is sold out. We have a general waiting list which you can join: we'll email you whenever any places open up in a previously-full class. You only need to sign up once. JOIN WAITING LIST